Sogou Web Spider Mobile User Agent
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A5376e Safari/8536.25(compatible; Sogou web spider/4.0 ; +http://www.sogou.com/docs/help/webmasters.htm#07)
Sogou Web Spider Desktop User Agent
Sogou web spider/4.0 (+http://www.sogou.com/docs/help/webmasters.htm#07)
The Sogou Web Spider API makes it easy to check if an IP address is officially used by Sogou Web Spider to crawl the web, including your website.
The Sogou Web Spider API is a 'REST API' which is accessible via HTTPS using the GET method at a predefined URL. It returns either JSON of plain text response.
Benefits of using the Sogou Web Spider API are:
- Querying the Sogou Web Spider API is free of charge and anonymous.
- The Sogou Web Spider API works across applications and scripting languages, e.g. see below the Google Spreadsheets and Python implementations.
- The Sogou Web Spider API contains historical records, which means that IP addresses which may have been once used but are currently not resolving can still be identified when performing log file analysis on historical logs.
- As Sogou Web Spider is crawling the web, the database for the Sogou Web Spider API is continuously and automatically updated with the latest IP addresses and user agents.
- Instead of performing two seperate lookups (forward and reverse) with the 'host' command on the command line locally, this API provides a single lookup method which can be accessed from anywhere.
- The Sogou Web Spider API contains one of the largest freely and publicly accessible collection of IP addresses for Sogou Web Spider.
This Sogou Web Spider API is coded and provided by ex-Google engineer and technical SEO expert Fili.
This Sogou Web Spider API is free of charge and can be accessed without credentials. However, depending on resource usage the API may become rate-limited in the future. If you have any questions about using the Sogou Web Spider API on a larger scale or like to discuss ways to utilize this database internally, contact Fili.
You can query the API endpoint using a GET request and replace IPADDRESS with the IP address you wish to query.
By default the API will return a JSON response with:
- a body containing "valid": "true" if the queried IP address is found in the database,
- or a body containing "valid": "false" if the queried IP address is not found in the database.
Alternatively, it is also possible to request just a BOOLEAN in plain text (useful in some situations, e.g. Google Spreadsheets - see below).
URL parameters which are accepted by the Sogou Web Spider API are:
|ip||(string) IP address, IPv4 or IPv6|
|compact||(integer) default is 0 and return JSON response, 1 will return a plain text response|
Here are some examples of how to query the Sogou Web Spider API:
It is also possible to use this API with Google Spreadsheets by adding &compact=1 to the API URL.
In the following example, the content of cell A1 contains the IP address to check and replaces in the =IMPORTDATA formula the __IPADDRESS__. Be sure to replace the cell ID when using this in Google Spreadsheets.
It is also possible to use this API in your code with python or similar other languages.
When the URL parameter compact is missing or has a value of 0 (zero) the API returns a JSON response with a queried IP address, query timestamp and boolean if the IP address validates.
When the URL parameter compact is present and has a value of 1 (one) the API returns a plain text response with a boolean if the IP address validates.
The data shown on this website is automatically collected from multiple sources, mostly websites and domains under the control of ex-Google engineer Fili. Despite best efforts to maintain data quality, no guarantees can or will be given. Data may be incomplete and/or errors may occur. This is a personal website and for-fun project. Use at your own risk.
Table of Contents
- 1. New Sogou Web Spider IP Check
- 2. Latest detected Sogou Web Spider user agents
- 3. Sogou Web Spider API documentation
- 4. Code snippets
- 5. Example responses
- 6. Latest IPs added
- 7. Disclaimer